Monday, November 16, 2009

Hello world

Well, welcome to my blog! I'm not really expecting people to actually visit it but I plan on using it to motivate myself to do at least one art-related thing every day. My sketchbook at conceptart.org just gets lost in the masses of posts.

A little about me: I'm currently attending college, although I am contemplating dropping out and attending an atelier or an art school that I could study intensively at (LAAFA, Watts, CalArts, etc.)  I want to work in the video game industry, concepting and/or modeling. I love creating characters although I'm not very good at it yet. I have had little to no art background but I seem to be doing okay, and I pick up on things very quickly.

I love video games. You can find me on the PSN at RadioYeti, on Steam as jimpact, and on Xbox 360 as JiMPACT:

On to the art!
Here's some stuff that I've done in the past few weeks just to give you an idea of what I'm about:

This is my first 3D model, which I created/rendered in Zbrush (and Photoshop).  She's a succubus. My greatest achievement here was creating a human but not needing to do hair, eyelashes, eyebrows, or irises. Go me.  I was working on her body but I decided to put it on hold (for now).  The model's okay but the big thing is that I learned a lot and really enjoyed it. ZBrush is amazing.


I go to figure drawing every Thursday, and I love it... but I'm not very good. Here are 2 20 minute poses from last week. In case you're wondering about the difference in quality, my professor worked on the standing one's face for a minute or two



I'm also taking my first painting class this term, and it's digital (we had to make a color wheel traditionally and I got paint all over myself, it was a disaster). This was our first assignment, a B&W photo study. It looks pretty bad but I'm not upset because it's my first ever painting! (it's also unfinished)


So, with that I am going to head off to class and start working on something for tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment