Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Life Update

I usually don't go into my life in this blog, but I felt that this was important enough to address. I haven't updated in so long because I was in the worst art-slump I've ever experienced. It was about a month long, and I'm still easing out of it. I'm going to go as far to say that I hit "the Dip" - Point A (chart courtesy  of Sam(mich)).


I've felt discouraged, uninspired, and basically hopeless. I didn't seriously consider giving up as an option, but I felt like it. Tonight I found CGHub and got over myself after looking at hundreds of beautiful pieces of art. 

Instead of picking up my sketchbook and worrying about the overwhelming worries I have about my art, I decided to ease myself back into it by doing some master copies. I found some amazing pieces by CGHub user Daniela Uhlig. I decided to try and learn something by painting a few of them... and I did!



I also butchered a couple sketches. I love doing studies of other people's work.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment